This journey will give you an insight of the history and the heritage of the Jewish community of Romania. You will see some of the treasures that they left behind. You will start by exploring Bucharest and discovering interesting sites of Jewish culture, and then travel north through the regions of Transylvania and Bucovina, ending up in Iasi - Moldavia’s cultural capital.
* Visit the Jewish Choral Temple and Bucharest’s largest synagogue - the Great Synagogue which contains a museum of Jewish history;
* Visit the Jewish theatre – initially opened in Iasi when the artist and writer Avram Goldfaden opened the first professional Jewish theatre in the world. After a while the Jewish theatre moved to Bucharest;
* Visit Brasov’s Jewish Temple and the Great Synagogues from Sibiu and Iasi;
* Explore Lipscani, Bucharest’s oldest commercial district, on foot, and visit Ceausescu’s Palace, now the parliament house;
* Stroll through the medieval streets of Braşov and visit the BlackChurch, Europe’s most eastern Gothic church;